MEGHAN Markle has chosen NOT to join Prince Harry in attending King Charles’ coronation.
The couple’s attendance had been up in the air since they made a series of shocking unsubstantiated claims about the Royal Family.
The pair had not communicated their final decision in the days following the RSVP deadline of April 3.
However, nine days later, it was today confirmed that the Duke of Sussex will come alone, while Meghan and the kids stay at home in the US.
The King’s coronation takes place on May 6 – the same day as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s son’s fourth birthday.
Following the revelation, many took to social media to react to Meghan’s announced absence, which inspired sharp criticism.
One fumed: “Glad to hear Meghan Markle is staying away from the Coronation.
“I’m glad Meghan Markle is not attending the Coronation and will stay in California with her kids.”
Someone else simply added “what a relief”.
However, others were more sympathetic – applauding the Duchess for prioritising Archie’s birthday celebrations over King Charles’ coronation.
“That’s great! Let Archie’s birthday be a non-stressful day – also very important to take care of one’s mental well-being”, one royal fan said.
Another wrote “good for her” while a third added: “As she should. That’s her baby.”
In a statement, a Palace spokesperson said: “Buckingham Palace is pleased to confirm that the Duke of Sussex will attend the Coronation Service at Westminster Abbey on May 6.
“The Duchess of Sussex will remain in California with Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.”