PRINCE Louis is set to have a starring role in today’s Coronation — while Princes Andrew and Harry take a back seat.
Louis, who only turned five two weeks ago, is slated to take part in the Procession of The King and Queen from Westminster Abbey.
The Order of Service, published today, shows he is set to appear alongside eight-year-old sister Charlotte in a ceremonial walk at the end of the two-hour ceremony.
And he could also appear on Buckingham Palace balcony with his parents and siblings.
The young prince, who stole the show with his cheeky antics at the Platinum Jubilee a year ago, is also due to be in a carriage to wave to crowds on the 1.3-mile Coronation Procession from Westminster Abbey back to Buckingham Palace.
The Prince and Princess of Wales, Prince George and Princess Charlotte are also due to be in the carriage behind the Gold State Coach of the King and Queen.
Nine-year-old Prince George will be the youngest ever future king to have a ceremonial role at a coronation, as he appears as one of the King’s Pages of Honour.
All three children have been practising this week, including at a full rehearsal at Westminster Abbey on Wednesday.
Earlier this week, mum Kate told well-wishers in central London that her three children were “immersed” in rehearsals.
She added: “Having done a few, I think everyone is a bit more relaxed.” Sources close to William and Kate last night warned that Louis, although listed in the official programme of events, will only be confirmed this morning.
They point out that his parents will make the final decision shortly before the Coronation.
But disgraced Prince Andrew, 63, and squabbling California-based Prince Harry, 38, have been relegated to back-seat royals.
Although no seating plan has been revealed, neither will have a ceremonial role and not even appear in the carriages or processions. But Harry and Andrew will be sitting inside the Abbey with other members of the Royal Family.
The pair are expected to arrive at the Great West Door at around 10.35am. William and Kate will arrive ten minutes later — avoiding photographs with the pair.
The Prince and Princess of Wales will later travel in the Coronation Procession from the Abbey to Buckingham Palace.
Princess Anne will be riding in the procession as Gold Stick in Waiting — formally the King’s ceremonial bodyguard. Prince Louis stole the show last summer during Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee. He waved to crowds from a carriage on The Mall and clamped his hands over his ears during the noisy balcony fly-past.
Some 7,000 troops plus horses will fill the two processions between Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey.
More than 1,000 from the Household Division will line the streets from 9.10am today.
The King and Queen were last night said to be staying at Clarence House before going to the Palace this morning.
The King’s procession — with Charles and Camilla travelling in the Diamond Jubilee State Coach — sets off from Buckingham Palace at 10.20am.
The procession along The Mall, through Trafalgar Square and along Whitehall, should reach the Abbey at 10.53am.
The royals and the 2,300-strong congregation will then take their seats inside for the two-hour Coronation service.
As Charles, wearing the Imperial State Crown, and Camilla, in Queen Mary’s 1911 crown, leave the Abbey, the family — including George, Charlotte and Louis — will join the procession. The return Coronation Procession starts at 1pm from the back of the Abbey.
Only working royals are expected to make an appearance on the Palace balcony, but could include George, Charlotte and Louis.
Weather-permitting, a six-minute fly-past of 60 aircraft including Spitfires and Red Arrows is expected at 2.30pm, before the family spends the afternoon with a private lunch.
BLAST AT HOMAGE
THE King would find plans for people to swear allegiance to him “abhorrent”, according to his friend Jonathan Dimbleby.
The veteran broadcaster, who wrote Charles’ 1994 official biography, said the move was “ill-advised”.
He told BBC Radio 4’s Today show: “I can think of nothing he would find more abhorrent. He’s never wanted to be revered, he’s never wanted — so as far as I know — to have anyone pay homage to him, except as a joke.”
Officials insist the Archbishop of Canterbury’s “Homage of the People” plan is an invitation not an order.