PRINCE Harry had a heart to heart talk with his dad King Charles before agreeing to come to the Coronation, The Sun on Sunday can reveal.
Sources say the pair have spoken and there is a “willingness and wanting to mend on both sides” after Harry’s explosive revelations in his book Spare and Netflix series.
In a speech on Friday, Charles told of his “immense pride” in William and Harry — although the brothers are still not speaking to each other.
The Duke of Sussex will travel alone from Montecito, California, for the ceremony on May 6, leaving wife Meghan and their two children at home.
It will be the first time Harry has been with his family since his memoir and six-part docu-series stunned the royals.
Harry, 38, claimed in the book he was assaulted by his “arch-nemesis” Wills, 40; pleaded with Charles, 74, not to marry his “wicked stepmother” Camilla, 75; and told of Princess of Wales Kate and Meghan’s rift over “baby brain” comments.
Now it can be revealed that he ended months of no contact with Charles by holding a conversation about the invitation — but has not spoken to William.
It is understood there was also correspondence with Buckingham Palace before Harry accepted the invitation to Westminster Abbey but no significant talks other than over security arrangements.
Insiders say the King is “happy” with his son’s decision and “understanding” of 41-year-old Meghan staying behind with 22-month-old Princess Lilibet and Prince Archie, who turns four the same day as the King is crowned.
Sources claim Harry wanted to attend to show “support for his father”.
He also agreed to come to mark the “importance and significance” for the country.
Meghan is said to back Harry’s decision and is only staying behind because of the clash with Archie’s birthday.
Despite claims Harry delayed accepting the invitation over concerns about seating plans, there were no significant talks other than to settle on a security plan.
He is currently suing the Home Office, claiming it was illegal to stop his 24-hour armed police guards when in the UK.
Sources also revealed there was an acceptance of Harry and Meghan’s good conduct at both the Platinum Jubilee and funeral of Queen Elizabeth II amid fears they would try to steal the limelight.
When Harry published Spare in January, he demanded private talks with the Royal Family before accepting any invite.
He will not have any formal role at the ceremony and is not expected in the royal processions between Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey.
And he is not due to attend any other celebrations during the three-day holiday.
Last month, royal author Robert Jobson revealed in his new book about King Charles that Kate, the Princess of Wales, had found her Windsor walkabout with hubby William, Harry and Meghan after the death of the Queen “one of the hardest things she’d ever had to do”.
In a statement issued by Buckingham Palace on Wednesday, the royals said they were “pleased” the Duke of Sussex had agreed to be at the Coronation.
We told last week disgraced Prince Andrew’s former wife Sarah Ferguson will also not attend the ceremony.
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace did not comment.