PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly still haven’t told the Palace if they’ll be attending the King’s Coronation, despite the RSVP deadline passing.
Royal insiders are reportedly “none the wiser” over whether the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be part of the celebrations as King Charles is crowned.
Sources told MailOnline that staff planning the huge event have still not been told if the controversial couple are accepting their invitation, even though the April 3 cut-off has passed.
They claimed that this is causing a “headache” for organisers trying to arrange, among other things, transport and security for the many VIP attendees.
An aide told the outlet that the deadline was likely to be more relaxed for family members than other guests, but another source said: “Everything is still up in the air and there’s only a month to go.
“All people have been told is that ‘it should hopefully be resolved soon’.
“But in the meantime, the teams are trying to finalise plans for 2,000 guests, many of whom are international heads of state and VIPs. It’s a headache.”
However, staff have reportedly been told to make plans as if the Sussexes were attending.
One source explained: “Switching things like seating arrangements are fairly easy. But the thing that is causing more of a headache, is the security, cars and other logistical matters.
“Any plans that mesh with the rest of the family are more important and problematic.”
The couple were invited last year, despite their many shots at the Royal Family in their Netflix documentary, bombshell interviews and the Prince’s autobiography.
They confirmed that they had received the invitation by email, rather than post, but have reportedly not spoken to the King or Prince William for several months.
The soon-to-be-crowned monarch is understood to be determined that his estranged son should attend despite the friction between them.
However, even if they do, they will not be able to stand alongside the family on the Buckingham Palace balcony as they are no longer working royals.
The King and Queen Camilla will arrive at the Palace in a Gold State coach, followed by a “final group of 15” who will represent the “heartbeat and future of [the] family”, according to reports.
Insiders revealed that the group will only include working royal, meaning there is no place for Harry and Meghan or Prince Andrew.
William and Kate, the Prince and Princess of Wales, will be on the balcony alongside their three children – Prince George, nine; Princess Charlotte, seven and Prince Louis, four.
Also joining them are the new Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh, Prince Edward and his wife Sophie.
Princess Anne and her husband Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence will also be there, The Mirror reports.
The Duke of Kent, 87, and Princess Alexandra, 86, will appear on the balcony as will the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.
The Sun Online has contacted the Sussexes’ representatives and Buckingham Palace for comment.