PRINCE Andrew is complaining that he was left no money by the Queen when she died, The Sun on Sunday can reveal.
The disgraced Duke of York, 63, has told pals he received none of his mother’s estimated £650million fortune to help him rebuild his life.
Her legacy has instead passed to King Charles, who is not by law required to pay tax on it — and is yet to give any to his siblings, fearing it may appear a tax dodge.
Andy, who has lost his taxpayer-funded guards and accommodation at Buckingham Palace in the past six months, is said to be “bewildered” at receiving no money.
He lost his public funding when he quit as a working royal over sex abuse allegations and also stands to lose Royal Lodge which he shares with his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York
The Duke does not have the funds to maintain the 31-room, £30million grace-and-favour mansion in Windsor Great Park.
King Charles, 74, who yesterday met horse Noble, a gift from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, has also rejected his brother’s £32,000 claim for an Indian healer who spent a month there.
Andy’s siblings Princess Anne, 72, and Prince Edward, 59, are said to share “some resentment” at inheriting nothing from the Queen.
However, as working royals both receive handouts from the Sovereign Grant to cover costs.
Anne owns 700-acre Gatcombe Park in the Cotswolds while Edward, named Duke of Edinburgh last week, has a 150-year lease on Bagshot Park in Surrey.
A friend of Andy said: “I gather he’s checked it out and there’s no will.
“He’s in despair. He’s a member of the family, for God’s sake.
“What’s he meant to do? Go cap in hand to his older brother to keep a roof over his head?”
Although Andrew is feeling the pinch it is understood he was financially supported by the Queen.
It is understood that she made “very generous” provision for all her children during her life.
Daphne Barak is a documentary filmmaker who has interviewed the likes of Nelson Mandela, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.
‘Musical chairs could end in disaster’
By Daphne Barak, renowned documentary filmmaker
THE news that Prince Andrew has turned down Frogmore Cottage will cause many to raise an eyebrow.
At a time when lots of us are struggling to pay food and fuel bills, what is so unthinkable about him “downgrading” and moving almost next door to the newly-renovated Frogmore Cottage?
Part of the answer is that Royal Lodge has been his family home and his sanctuary for 20 years, and he has invested not just his money, but his heart and soul in it.
Another is that he does not want to be forever connected with the decision to evict his nephew Harry.
There are other sound reasons that, at the moment, I cannot disclose.
Let’s just say that this royal game of property “musical chairs” – with players winning according to their popularity with the new order – is way too rushed.
When the dust settles, I wouldn’t be surprised if everyone turns out to be a loser.
I have a question of my own; if those in royal circles are as keen as we’ve been told for Andrew to “just disappear”, do they not realise that forcing him out of his hideaway may keep him in the headlines longer than anyone wishes?