SECRET plans involving King Charles and Camilla have been leaked just weeks before the Coronation.
A security scare saw photos and plans showing the layout and inner workings of Buckingham Palace published online.
They likely included documents outlining the location of Charles’ and Camilla’s private apartments – as well as other confidential information.
The secret plans have come to light as police are ramping up their security efforts for the King’s Coronation on the weekend of May 6.
Metro reported the documents, which were marked with bold letters that read confidential, were published on Westminster City Council’s website this week.
The secret plans illustrated how the royal residence is connected – including key security features.
A security expert Philip Grindell, a former Metropolitan Police Counter-Terrorism Security Co-ordinator, told Metro.co.uk: “They should never have been published.
“They should have been redacted on the basis of security.
“Publication of any plans might compromise security and be advantageous to any adversary.”
The documents popped up on the council’s website as planning permission had been applied for to undertake work at the palace.
They included plans to replace doors on a service room – including detailing the type, make and materials used for locks.
It also had pictures showing other features including a security light and upper level.
A spokesperson for the council said: “The council takes this matter very seriously and is investigating to ensure sensitive or confidential information is not available on the website.”
The Coronation is set to take place in just a month’s time.
In recent days it was reported, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle apparently still haven’t told the palace if they’ll attend – with Royal insiders “none the wiser”.
The couple were invited last year, despite their many shots at the Royal Family in their Netflix documentary, bombshell interviews and the Prince’s autobiography.
They confirmed that they had received the invitation by email, rather than post, but have reportedly not spoken to the King or Prince William for several months.
The soon-to-be-crowned monarch is understood to be determined that his estranged son should attend despite the friction between them.
However, even if they do, they will not be able to stand alongside the family on the Buckingham Palace balcony as they are no longer working royals.